Sunday, September 18, 2011

Writing

Last night my football team got creamed by our arch rival. It was terrible to watch so I turned to my computer and did a little creating. But I still love my BYU Cougars even if they did have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, game! Anyhow, I made three things last night I want to share. I have a dear friend Fredia, (you can check  out her blog at Frogs in First) she told me about a cool font called ABC Print. I searched the web and found it for FREE! I love free! There are a few versions of it. One is with the numbered directions, another with dotted lines on lines and another dotted lines without lines. That probably didn't make any sense, you'll just have to check it out. Anyhow, I have a student who needs help with her handwriting. I can barely read her name when she writes it. So I made her a practice sheet with this cool new font. I'm going to have my aide work with her. There are so many possibilities with this cool font. You could do sight words, spelling words, word families and so on. Our aides would love it for their EMK kits. Here is my practice sheet to give you an example.

Also, I'm getting ready to launch my Writer's Workshop. I made these labels to put in their folders. I printed them on Avery labels 5163. I have 3 pronged folders with pockets in the front and back. I place the GO label on the front pocket. This is where they put the writing pieces they are working on. I place the STOP label on the back pocket. This is where the pieces go that they have finished. Hopefully, this will work better than just a red and green dot.

I will also give my kids a copy of "What Can I Write About" to put in the folder so they can look at it for ideas. Most of the clipart it from DJ Inkers.


1 comment:

Gracehopper said...

Thanks for the labels- just what I needed and way cuter than I had hoped to find!