Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hodge Podge of Activities

I LOVE to watch the fun the kiddos have dressing up for Halloween. I LOVE to watch their faces during the school parade as the variety of costumes come dancing into the room. I LOVE the laughs and giggles at the class party. But I am certainly glad when Halloween is OVER!!! I need to get down to some serious teaching! This is going to be a hodge podge of activities we've done this week or will do next week. Click on the picture for a PDF.
GRAPH OF THE WEEK
We've been working on the seasons in science so this is a great time to do this graph.
L-BLENDS
We are reviewing the l-blends this week and I needed a little paper and pencil activity to see how they are doing.
MAKE THE CAKE
Here's a little partner game for practicing the -ake and -ail word families we'll be playing this week.

ROLL AND WIN
I have had a dice game forever called 'Phase 10'. I thought I could make into a math game and the idea finally hit me. There are 2 different dice. One has 1,2,3,4,W,W on it. The other one is 5-10. The kiddos roll both dice together and write a number sentence for the numbers they roll. If they happen to get a W, they make a tally mark in the box. When they get 5 tally marks the game is over. The two partners compare their number sentences and the one with the most wins. I put this in my math stations and the kids love it. You can buy the dice at Wal-Mart or Amazon.com. Click on the picture for a link to Amazon.



I hope you find something you can use in your classroom! Have a fun Halloween!

No comments: