Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jack-O-Lanterns, Spider Webs, Graph

MATH SORT
I just saw a very cute idea over on The First Grade Parade. Last year Cara did a sorting activity with small plastic pumpkins. I just happened to be in Wal-Mart and found some. So I bought them and came home and made the game. I can't wait to play it with my firsties. We've been working hard on our number combination and this will be the perfect game. Thanks Cara for another great idea. Here is a picture of her idea.
You write addition and/or subtraction facts on popsicle sticks, about 6 per pumpkin. Then you write a different number on each Jack-O-Lantern. The kiddos sort the math facts into the right Jack-O-Lantern. They record their sorts onto a die-cut pumpkin.

SPIDER WEB GAME AND GRAPH OF THE WEEK
I just finished making a word family game for -ell and -est. We are working on those two families this week and I needed something fun. I'm also trying to get into the Halloween spirit. I printed it on card stock in Halloween colors. Also, we are graphing our bikes and scooters this week. The kids love graphing and are really getting good at it. Click on the pictures for a PDF.

No comments: