Saturday, April 14, 2012

Buggy Equals Freebie!

Well, my spring break is over- boo hoo! It's been wonderful to rest and relax but to tell you the truth I think I'm missing my little firsties. It's been wet and rainy the last few days here in Utah so I'm ready to get back to school.

I've been working on my math stations and have a new freebie to share. It aligns with the new common core 1.OA.7 Understanding the equal sign. My kiddos love to use the number balance scale to check their answers. I hope someone can use it. The graphics are by From the Pond and fonts are by Kevin and Amanda. Click HERE to grab a copy.
This is what a number balance scale is if you were wondering.

Have a great rest of the weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Cute freebie! I used to have 4 number balance scales at my previous school and I loved them.

✞Heather
Swinging Through Second Grade
hdawntn@hotmail.com

Maria said...

So cute. Thank you!

Simply Sweet Teaching said...

Hi Sheree! Just came across your blog and was really impressed with the quality and rigor of your resources/ideas. This bug addition balancing activity is so neat! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to come by and check out my blog, Simply SWEET TEAching. God Bless! http://simplysweetteaching.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

I love your freebie. Thank you!
I have a balance scale like that and never seem to get around to using it with the kids. I seem to have a brain block about it. Weird.

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Little Priorities said...

Thank you for this freebie. I know that my team is trying to add more common core activities that are not in our textbook. Do you have anything for the commutative property?

Heather's Heart said...

This is wonderful!

Thank you for sharing! =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Teacher's Take-Out said...

These are really cute! Thank you!!

Unknown said...

Cute!!
fall fun