Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sounds of y freebie

Hi everyone. I'm sorry I didn't post on Mother's Day. But I want to wish everyone a belated Happy Mother's Day! Being a teacher we are all mothers for 6-7 hours each day when teach our little darlings. I hope everyone had a terrific, pampered, relaxing day!
We are still hard at work even though we only have 10 days left!!!!! I find if I try to keep my kiddos on the same schedule and as busy as possible, I have less behavior problems. Sometimes that is hard with dance festival practices, assemblies, testing, and fantastic weather. But I try. Here is a little sort we did today on the many sounds of Y. I hope someone can use it. Just click on the picture to download a copy.
Also, voting started today for the Most Fascinating Blog. I'd LOVE your vote! Just click on the side bar. You can vote until May 21. THANK YOU!
I hope everyone is surviving the end of the year. I've been putting my memory books together for my firsties and I love seeing how much they have grown. I think that's what I love the most about teaching first grade. The kids grow and change SOOOO much more than any other grade. It's good for me to look back over the year because sometimes I don't think they've changed that much. But when you look at their writing or reading scores, it always amazes me. Even my little ones that struggle so much have made great progress.
You gotta love it baby- teaching that is!
Have a great rest of the week!


4 comments:

Lisa R. said...

Thanks for the great freebie! I put it in my files for next year. It's hard to believe that the school year is almost over, isn't it?

Please stop by my blog sometime & take a look around!
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Jackie said...

Thanks for the freebie! I only have 4 days left with first graders. So this will be very handy for next year. I need to get more organized over the summer.
Thanks, Jackie jackie@acsnet.com

Think, Wonder, and Teach said...

What a great blog! I found you through the voting. Good luck!!

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Delighted said...

I was just looking through my students files today. In fact, I posted about it in my post today.

imgoingfirst@gmail.com