Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Patterns and Conjunctions

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week!
I've had district inservice today and headed to another one all day tomorrow. I hate doing sub plans and leaving my little ones but getting out of the classroom is sometimes a nice break, if you know what I mean.

We've been doing patterns all week and I'm sad to see that it's not on the new core. I hear kindergarten doesn't have it either. I've also noticed money is no where to be found. What's with that?!? Oh well, we did a really fun thing with patterns and my kiddos LOVED it! I'll have to save it for next year for one of those end-of-the-year fluff activities I guess.
My firsities LOVE these:


And I look for every excuse I can think of to use them. When I pulled them out this week, I heard my kids start cheering!
I made a little sheet that they could do dot patterns according to the labels I had directed.
They worked great in Math Stations!
If you'd like to download a copy just click HERE!

I have also been teaching Conjunctions this week! It's new in the common core this year and I didn't have anything. So I put together a little packet. I just uploaded it to my shops. 

Just click on my shops in the side bars of this blog for a link.
I also found a cute video on YouTube that my kids liked from School House Rocks.
Just search Conjunction Junction and it will pop up.

I hope everyone has an awesome rest of the week.
Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Anne said...

Thank you for sharing this fun pattern freebie! I know my kids will love it, and it will be a great idea for summer school!

Mrs. Anderson said...

My kids love using those as well! Thank you for sharing the pattern freebie.
Connie Anderson:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com